Saturday, April 16, 2011

Matter of the Heart


I often say " I am in my feelings" when I become overwhelmed by my emotions. But what really causes that? Stress!!! Some of us place ourselves under so much stress trying to be superheroes.  The term “fight-or-flight” comes to mind as the mentality most have when they are stressed. The problem is we are not aware how this can effect our health. Imagine a 20 year old college student losing his life because of a heart attack. Only to find out that he was under massive amount of stress: 1st one to be in college, 2 jobs to take are of family and own child on the way. This is a real life scenario. Like many people I learn to just cope with stress and only get overwhelmed when its more than a normal amount of stress. To me it makes sense but the I stepped our of myself. Its just like having on many layers of clothes in the hottest day of the summer in Alabama but instead of taking clothes off I continue to add on more layers. Now that's ridiculous, right? Beyond a certain point, stress stops being helpful and starts causing major damage to your health, your mood, your productivity, your relationships, and your quality of life.


We must find ways to not put our heart through so much strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment