Friday, February 25, 2011

Transparency







 Time and time again I hear this phrase "he/she wasn't like this in the beginning". Why do we 'fake the funk'? Are we not happy with who we really are that we have to use a form of trickery...yes I said trickery to get a mate. It blows my mind when I see people I KNOW act a certain way that is totally different from the real them. I take pride in being me. Who better to be me than me? We should all feel that way. Yes we all have flaws and insecurities but eventually they surface. What  happens when what was once covered is exposed? hell breaks loose. The other person feels they can no longer trust you or they second guess your actions and intentions. And they have every right to do so.

I have heard may time people say I don't completely show my true colors until I am officially in the relationship. For example A man may out on a from that he is has more than enough money to pay for all the dates during the preliminary dating period but once in the relationship he wants his girlfriend to cook all the time and share in the cost of the dates. Then we have women who put on the act like they have everything together ( financially, emotionally, physically) then once in a relationship they need their man to carry their load.


Allow me to be transparent... I can admit, I have worn a partial mask. Thats when you dont reveal how you totally are. This mask is worn when you are around people you may not care for and you give a fake smile. We say we 'keep it real' or 'keep things 100' but do we really?

No comments:

Post a Comment