Saturday, January 29, 2011

Out of Order

I have grown to realize that our generation has misconstrued how all types of relationships work. The basic foundation to any relationship is friendship. For the past few weeks i have started evaluating all the people i consider friends. I even took time out to write out my needs/wants/desires out of a friendship. Do we even know how to be friends? What is a friend and How does one become a good friend? How can we effectively find the love of our lives when we don't even have the basic fundamentals of being a friend down pact? We live in such a self centered society and it is easy to fall in the trap of being selfish. I have vowed to not only become a better friend but to remove other who are not meeting my standard of friendship.

Here are a few things I jotted down..

Actively listen to each other
Make attempts to try to understand each other's feelings, ways and moods
Help each other solve problems
Give each other compliments
Disagree without hurting each other
Dependable & loyal
Respect each other
Trustworthy
Care about each other

No comments:

Post a Comment